Information relating to Regional Regulatory Affairs Manager APAC – Reed Global – Singapore, published on December 08, 2015 at 11:01PM.
Our client, an international Food Company is fast expanding their operations within the emerging markets in Asia Pacific region. With growing demand of maintaining a consistent regulations system, more efforts are required to beef up the food regulatory standards and policies ensuring alignment with the company’s business objectives and compliance requirements . We are now hiring a seasoned Food Regulatory and Compliance Manager with strong background in similar capacity to drive these activities and strategies across the region.
This role is responsible mainly to drive the Food Regulatory Affairs and Compliance activities across Asia Pacific region.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering highly effective strategies and activities related to regulatory affairs, compliance, risk assessment and scientific, in-depth understanding of finished food products supporting the business and to its customers in APAC region.
The incumbent will lead the APAC Food Regulatory function, providing leadership, expertise and guidance in support of business strategies and goals to ensure compliance with local product, regulatory, code of practice requirements and religious, as well as adherence to internal policies and standards.
Acting as a technical subject matter expert representing the company in the areas of food regulatory affairs and compliance. Provide technical guidance and advice to the Business on regulatory, compliance and scientific issues, claims and internal policies. Creating framework and guidelines necessary for regulatory affairs and compliance by working closely with local country specialist and authorised regulatory bodies and industry association as well as R&D, Business group, Quality and legal. Effectively managing external regulatory and compliance issues. Ensure compliance of packaging, labelling and claims or advertisements meeting in-country regulatory standards and internal policies.
To qualify for the role, the candidate must possess the following
- Masters / Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Nutrition or any related field
- 8 – 10 years of experience in the food regulations and compliance areas or food product development in an APAC Managerial capacity
- Experience of leading and implementing Food regulatory and compliance frameworks in the Asia Pacific region
- Strong planning and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of international good regulatory and food laws
- Strong ability to partner closely with cross functional teams not limited to R&D, Marketing and Corporate Affairs
- Good influencing and persuasive skills
- Good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this role, kindly email your updated profile quoting the above Ref Number and Job title.