You are reading an article entitled PURCHASING OFFICER – THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE LTD, published on November 20, 2015 at 02:49PM.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002646947
THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE LTD
The China Navigation Company (CNCo) (www.swirecnco.com) is the wholly owned deep-sea shipping arm of John Swire & Sons Ltd, a privately held company with a long and distinguished history of trading and operating in the Far East. China Navigation is proud to have provided over 140 years of shipping services, spanning the globe. The Head office is located in Singapore, with regional offices in the UK, China, Hong Kong, India, Australia, New Zealand and across the Pacific Islands.
China Navigation’s Strategic Vision is to be the leading provider of Sustainable Shipping solutions and our Customer’s Partner of choice. CNCo owns and operates a modern, industry leading fleet of multipurpose vessels, handysize bulk carriers and bulk trans-loaders. Further, CNCo’s orderbook includes additional number of eco-handysize newbuildings. CNCo’s other core business activities include liner shipping, dry bulk shipping and bulk logistics.
China Navigation is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to developing an industry leading workforce. Special emphasis is placed on creating a nurturing and healthy work environment, prioritising learning and career development. Integrity, humility, endeavour, excellence, continuity and teamwork are the Company values. These are integrated into every facet of CNCo’s work and embodied by every member of the team.
We are looking for people who are excited about the future, committed with an ability to undertake different challenges in their careers whilst enjoy being part of a winning team.
- Process ship requisitions (spares and stores) and ensure timely delivery to ships
- Liaising with managers or ship crews for information and specifications and deal with problems in a timely manner.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best pricing and quality to ensure the best match and value meet the standards required as laid down by the company’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Coordinate with managers for approval as per company procurement policy laid out in company SMS.
- Follow up with ship crews and vendors for any discrepancies of short/wrong supplies.
- Verify vendors’ invoices against purchase order/receipt note to ensure correct billing.
- Source for correct goods in the right value in comply with company policies.
- Report on vendors’ performance and provide solutions or recommendation to improve on goods quality and services.
- Maintain proper documentation and records of all purchases in system.
- Train and educate vessels on purchasing procedures and requirements to ensure a smooth flow of procurement process and full compliance with the company procurement policy.
- Report on non-conformance and provide data for evaluation to improve the performance of the procurement processes and for the administration aspects of all classes of claims and insurances, ensure data accuracy and integrity in database management system as well as assisting with report generation for the management.
The Ideal Profile
- Diploma in Maritime Studies or Purchasing Management or relevant qualification
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in a shipping owning company
- Working knowledge of AMOS M&P and SAP would be an advantage
- Strong meticulous and analytical skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive package and provide development opportunities to the right candidate. If you believe your skill set would fit into the above requirement, please do send your resume detailing your contact information; education and employment background; current salary and salary expectation. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications received will be used exclusively for selection purposes and handled confidentially by authorized personnel only. Your application may also be considered for other suitable positions within the Swire group. (Please indicate clearly on your application if you would not like to be considered for other positions within the group.) Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.
Your application will go directly to
THE CHINA NAVIGATION COMPANY PTE LTD
from jobsDB RSS Feed for Job Search Results http://ift.tt/1PDG0Px